Saturday, June 27, 2009

Thierry Mugler

I had an excellent view of the Thierry Mugler show and thought the collection was very nice. They had a lot of great pieces that were very wearable. The construction and attention to detail was superb (especially seen in the quilted look spotted on a few pants and jackets) and up to par for that of which is expected from a Thierry Mugler show. The color scheme was nice made up of neutrals, pops of pastels and neorn color. I loved the aquamarine colored suit I spotted on Clement. I have seen this color or a few versions of it a lot in the shows recently… trend maybe? I spied a hot pepto pink blazer too on Simon that was reminiscent of the pink that was so big in seasons past. The fit was questionable on one of the models as a suit seemed a bit too tight and bunched. Other than that small detail, I liked the show as it stayed true to Thierry Mugler and was presented in a very clean manner.