Friday, June 26, 2009

Jean Paul Gaultier- Gaultier2







Biggest show of the day, as far as the set and scene was concerned. The buyers and editors were out!I found myself on the front row interestingly enough right next to Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas. She was giving face the whole time! She walked up after the start of the show to sit next to me and I was like who is this girl who is bumping up next to me? During the show there were photographers shooting us I just figured it was some rich japanese it-girl. Nonetheless she was incredibly nice and supportive! Anyway, The show was well done and the presentation was perfect. The show was very Gaultier though at times playing with gender- with the corset like tees or better yet bustiers, strap back detail, a severe shoulder or two, and cutouts on jackets. I did find some great interesting newer pieces mixed in there as well. He showcased interestingly cut and porportioned shorts, kilts/manskirts, while playing with black, blue, red and white a few times with some of his shirts using lines and patterns that were younger than I expected. The shoes were all converse and the collection itself was clean and younger than I had expected! Had the chance to say hi to Jean Paul after the show for a quick second and he was ridiculously genuine and nice! Pure French! All in all it was a great production and scene.