Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kris Van Assche

Held outside at the University of Pierre and Marie Curie I found myself amidst an interesting crowd. I ended up sitting next to the beautifully charming and smart Jenny from the AP. We discussed the shows a bit and went over our backgrounds as we were both Americans and what not. She was typing on her laptop up until right before the show started about the previous show she had just seen. That’s what I call work! It was a bit inspiring to see someone else writing and so dedicated/focused on her job. Anyway back to the show. It was typical Kris Van Assche for me- which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Lots of simple drapery, long delicate shirts some with large arm holes, a lot of black, white, and grays with a hint of a cobalt blue, layered pants/shorts/man-pris with pleats, etc. There was a grid like print that he chose for a few pieces that was interesting but not particularly in my taste. I had a love/hate relationship with the shoes- some I liked, but others I thought had too much color and did not mix well with the white sole as it made the look too disjointed at times. They became overly sporty for the clothes being displayed.