Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bernhard Willhelm






Held at Place de la Bourse as usual-Bernhard showed out. The scene was guerrilla-vaudeville-painter's workshop. There were two models that were out on display from the beginning with huge black braided wigs. One of which who almost sweat nearly a bucket, the paint on his face was definitely melting and he looked as if he almost passed out. I can't blame him it though it was a bit hot in the room, but I will get to that later. Anyway the scene fit the clothes appropriately enough. The clothes had a range of influences- there was some military, and then some african prints all treated with a bit of a Dr. Seuss corkiness. I truly liked a lot of pieces- from the yellow/black/orange sweatshirt-dress-jumper, the colorblocked and drawstring socks, the bright what-I-would call modern take on african print hooded shirts, and fringed adorned shorts. I really liked his show this season. For me it was very editorial yet wearable for mixing and matching. Unfortunately right after the show ended one of the japanese buyers passed out. I would guess from the heat. It was taken care of in a very respectful way though, it was a packed show and Paris as you know is not the biggest fan of a/c- it could have happened to anyone. Video coming in a few days, stay tuned!