Thursday, January 8, 2009

Jamie

Gosh, we have been rambling on . . . but never really been properly introduced . . .
My name is Jamie Luca and I am a photographer . . . (www.jamieluca.com)
I am the creative director of the magazine . . .
Started my career in photography after graduating college in NYC . . . oh yea . . . I graduated with a degree in graphic design!
I've always been fascinated with fashion and design . . . I interned at Raygun Magazine (it was the parent company of Nylon Magazine back in the day!) and there I learned a lot about the business of running a magazine . . . I loved it there . . . 'cuz everyone was so creative and what they were doing was something I have never seen before . . . just pushing the boundaries of how a magazine should be???
Anyways, from then on . . . I've been obsessed with starting a magazine . . . and now . . . 12 years later . . . I'm starting my own magazine . . .
So, that's me in a nutshell . . .
PS: Magazines I'd shot for: Harper's Bazaar (MEX), Black Magazine (AUS), NY Times (US), Nylon (US), Issue-One (UK), Let Them Eat Cake (UK), Fashion 18 (CAN), NeueMode (GER), Kult (ITL) and Vogue Girl (KOR).
General Inquiries email me: jamie@lutefiskmagazine.com