Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Emporio Armani

Military Black Leather, Inspired Military Black Leather




I found myself conflicted while reviewing the show. I immediately recognized the styling and referenced Givenchy from a few seasons back? Anyone else? I liked most of it don’t get me wrong, especially because it did seem relevant to what’s going on right now (after all most of the outfits in Lady Gaga’s “Alejandro” are from the line). I just wanted something else it was almost too trendy, but it did have a message that was strong and befitting for the label. It was a very German mix consisting of styling from Givenchy, slightly altered goth versions of Prada prints, and the rockstar appeal of Gucci. I liked it better than their usual show, this might be a result of their marketing onslaught though.