Monday, May 9, 2011

McQueen at the Met

I got a chance to make it over to the McQueen exhibit at the Met on Sunday and it was well worth it. It really is nice to see some of McQueen's work throughout history in such close proximity. I mean seeing pieces from the beginning of his career was quite the gift for me. This has got to blow the general public away. It truly does show off the craftmanship behind this man's genius. It really does bring a new level of respect. Even pictures sometimes can't do justice especially with clothes in which many times the details are lost. That for me is the best part of shows anyway.  It was quite packed so it was hard to truly enjoy the exhibit, the outfits were there though. The only critique I have is that it seemed a bit too romanticized, but I guess in some ways that's appropriate especially in regards to the title of the exhibit. I can't wait to read the book. I figure I will make it back a few more times when it's a bit quieter. You should definitely go see it if you are in the area. I would recommend stopping into the Richard Serra exhibit while you are at it.